delftmama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward?

3 posters

Go down

Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward? Empty Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward?

Post  LucieC Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 19:51

Hello ladies,

I realize that several of you are expecting a child this year. Have you ever taken their Friday afternoon tour of the maternity ward? It may interesting to do it with other Delft MaMa's.

http://www.delftmama.nl/useful-links/pregnancy--birth.php

Even if you are preparing for a homebirth, it is worth having a look in case you had to go at the last minute. It is a nice one and it is reassuring to see that before you due date. I think that you need to have hospital stickers to make it easier on administration when the baby decides to come. Can anyone confirm? I was asked to do that for my son.

My son is on holiday and this is not really fun for him to come so I would not be able to go but it takes some of the anxiety away to be with at least one other mom-to-be.

You can take the tour with your significant other too. I know one Delft MaMa who took it alone, then with her husband and then with her parents. You can ask questions in English at the end.

Lucie
LucieC
LucieC

Female Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward? Empty Hospital tour

Post  Claire Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 14:47

I'd be interested to have a look round sometime over the next couple of months (due date = mid october) and I'm free most Fridays.

Claire
Claire
Claire

Female Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-20

Back to top Go down

Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward? Empty Stickers

Post  Claire Mon 4 Aug 2008 - 14:55

Lucie

Re the stickers - I'm not sure what the official standpoint is (will ask this on the tour and get back to you!) but when I have been to the hospitals in Delft and Voorburg for scans etc, they have been very keen on the stickers and use them on lots of different documents.

The stickers are easy to get hold of: just take proof of identity, health insurance details and possibly proof of address too, to the hospital. I think it is probably better to do this in advance rather than wait until you are in labour...

Claire
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward? Empty Hospital tour

Post  eszter.kulcsar Tue 9 Sep 2008 - 14:06

Hi,

Hope, I'm not in late, I would be iterested too, September would be the best because my mom is coming soon, I could go without my son.
My due date is mid-February.

Eszter
eszter.kulcsar
eszter.kulcsar

Female Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire Wed 10 Sep 2008 - 18:18

Hi Eszter

How about Friday 26th September? Will your mum be around then?

Claire
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Post  eszter.kulcsar Wed 10 Sep 2008 - 19:04

Hello Claire,

That's fine for me! My mom will be still here.

Eszter
eszter.kulcsar
eszter.kulcsar

Female Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Claire Thu 11 Sep 2008 - 8:32

Great!

I don't think we need to book in advance, we just turn up at the reception (Reinier De Graaf Gasthuis Delft, 2nd Floor Building H, Reinier de Graafweg 3-11) in time for the start of the tour at 3.30pm... so I'll look forward to seeing you there.

Claire

PS My phone number is 0641 911097 (e: claireminett@hotmail.co.uk) in case you need it
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward? Empty Hospital maternity ward tour

Post  Claire Wed 1 Oct 2008 - 18:52

Hi all

Just a note to let you know that Eszter and I will be going for a tour (in Dutch) of the Reinier de Graaf maternity ward this Friday 3rd October.

If you would like to join us for a look around, sign in at reception (Building H) at around 3.20pm for a 3.30pm start.

Claire
Claire
Claire

Back to top Go down

Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward? Empty Re: Organizing a group tour of the reinier de Graaf maternity ward?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down