delftmama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speel-o-teek in Delft: come and try !

3 posters

Go down

Speel-o-teek in Delft: come and try ! Empty Speel-o-teek in Delft: come and try !

Post  Anne Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 12:15

Some months ago, I discovered that there were in Delft, a speel-o-theek, called De Blokkendos.
The principle of a speel-o-theek (toy/games library in English, ludothèque in French) is the same as for a library, but for toys. You can come with your kid (or not Laughing there are also quite some board games, that we played within adults with our friends) and play with the games there, and get an abonnement and borrow games for a couple of weeks.

I became enthusiastic about it ! (and Augustine as well, I think jocolor )
- Every 3 weeks (or more often Very Happy ) new toys ! He/she does not get bored with toys that are not of his age anymore !
- You do not need to buy a lot of toys for home, you can borrow them when you feel like
- You wonder whether your kid may enjoy this toys ? Try it there, if you kid is fond of it, you can always buy one later.
- It is also a good opportunity for your kid to play there, with others, and for you to meet people

The subscription is approx. 20 euros per year and per child (might be a discount for more than 1 child), and you can borrow 2 games/toys at the same time for a maximum of 3 weeks.
Opening days:
- Tuesday : 9h15 to 10h30
- Friday: 19h to 20h30
- Saturday: 10h to 11h30

Because they only function with volunteers and I was so enthusiastic about the work they are doing, I registered myself as a "vrijwiller". I am mainly there on Friday evening's, since I am working on Tuesday's and Saturday's I am usually not around ...

If you want to come by but are afraid of handling Dutch language (although the ladies are very friendly), you can pass by on Friday ...

Hope to see some of you there !
Anne
Anne
Anne

Female Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://lemetterre.canalblog.com

Back to top Go down

Speel-o-teek in Delft: come and try ! Empty Speel-o -theek

Post  roccomichelle Tue 21 Oct 2008 - 11:50

Hi Anne,
The Speel-o-Theek in Delft sound really interesting.
Does it have suitable toys, environment for a 6 month old baby?
Ciao,
Michelle cat

roccomichelle

Female Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Speel-o-teek in Delft: come and try ! Empty Re: Speel-o-teek in Delft: come and try !

Post  beckysmum Sat 25 Oct 2008 - 12:04

Sound great! Me also get excited about this! I will definitely go there with my 3 year old daughter. Thanks!

beckysmum

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Back to top Go down

Speel-o-teek in Delft: come and try ! Empty Re: Speel-o-teek in Delft: come and try !

Post  Anne Sat 25 Oct 2008 - 17:16

There are very basic toys, I think, for children of more than 6 months. Actually, I am not sure, since when I came, Augustine was already 1 year, but you can come and have a look, it costs nothing ! For the environnment, there are often bigger kids playing, and since the location is not that big (they are going to move in the coming weeks/months, not sure), it is not a very "quiet" place for young babies. Actually, it depends: I guess on Tuesday, the older ones are at school, and it might be more calm. On Friday evening, it is definitely " active" Laughing
cheers
Anne
Anne

Female Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-22

http://lemetterre.canalblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down